ART BEHAVIOR and FOUNDATIONAL KNOWLEDGE
● Describe general history of art behavior and how it could be applied in skills-based treatment and behavior therapy
● Describe how art can be operationally defined.
● Describe psychological and cognitive benefits of art in skills based treatment and behavior therapy.
CANVAS CURRICULUM BASICS
● Understand the basic theoretical foundations of the Canvas curriculum.
● Describe a detailed description of the Creative Expansion model and its roots in empirically-based work on derived relational responding and RFT.
● Explain the 4 domains of Creative Expansion and how a behavior analyst can operational define and gather data in each area.
● Apply creative relations in intervention programs
IMPLEMENTATION OF CANVAS
● Conduct Canvas assessment with children with Autism, ADHD, or other learning delays.
● Demonstrate the ability to design and implement the curriculum according to treatment goals.
● Operationally define creative behavior in relation to a child's treatment goals.
● Describe and provide examples of how to collect data using the Canvas data system.
● Explain the importance of systematically training creative expansion and flow as an operant.
● Describe the role of assessment and treatment integral to utilization in various settings: school, therapy settings, or home setting.
● Complete and interpret various Canvas curriculum data collection forms, integrity evaluations, and progress monitoring assessments.
● Explain clearly how to integrate Canvas in service delivery with other treatment modalities or curricula and by child’s current level and age group.